Stay up-to-date on the latest news, special releases and events at Roots and Wings Distillery.
The name’s Bond, James Bond and he’s coming back! The long-awaited return of 007’s newest movie – No Time to Die - was due for release in April, but now reschedule to November. Regardless, we're excited about the movie! So, in the run-up to its release, the Drinkery is getting into the spy-film spirit in March with 4 special cocktails befitting of Bond. Plus, we’re giving away a Cineplex Gift Card ($50) to view the movie and a bottle of Vital Vodka (375 ml) to shake up some martinis. Enter at the distillery for a chance to win.
There’s much anticipation for the 25th installment of the James Bond series as five years have passed since Spectre, and this will be Daniel Craigs last time playing the suave secret service agent. In honour of James’ love of cocktails, and ‘for your eyes only’, these are our four special drinks in our 'Month of Bond Menu' :
At the start of No Time to Die, James has retired from her Majesty’s service and living it up in Jamaica. Made with Vital Vodka, pineapple juice, Kalmansi lime and squid ink, our Octipussy cocktail is the right balance of tropical and chill for any superspy turned man-of-leisure.
There are few things more synonymous with a dashing Bond than ‘A martini. Shaken, not stirred.’ The Original cocktail celebrates the iconic, classic martini and is made with our Vital Vodka and Jackknife Gin shaken with Lillet Blanc. It’s the perfect drink to give you some 007 swagger and to launch Bond into action, this time to rescue a kidnapped scientist.
For the evocative Bond girls, we have a drink that packs an elegant punch. The Goldfinger is created with our newest spirit Encore Gin balanced nicely with honey, lemon, coconut water and smoked salt.
The movie is positioned as Bond’s most difficult mission to date. There’s a mysterious enemy and dangerous new technology. As a nod to the sweet villains, our Oddjob (the main henchman in the Goldfinger movie) cocktail shows off our Johnny Handsome spirit mixed with root beer syrup, club soda, and bourbon cherry ice cream.
So, there you have it - from Roots & Wings Distillery with love - 4 special Bond-inspired cocktails that you must try at the Drinkery this March in anticipation of No Time To Die. And, enter our in-house draw for a chance to win a $50 Cineplex Gift Card and a 375 ml bottle of Vital Vodka. We’re open Friday 2 to 7, Saturday and Sunday from 12 – 5 pm. No tux required.
To celebrate our micro-distillery’s first summer of opening, we’re giving away 4 prizes in a Craft Spirits Giveaway! Each prize includes one bottle (375 ml) of our craft spirits and a tasting with the Still Master at the Roots and Wings Distillery in Langley, British Columbia. Enter to win on Facebook*!
Four (4) winners will be drawn. Each winner will receive:
• 1 bottle (375 ml) of our distilled spirits, choosing from - Vital Vodka, Double Vice (Coffee Infused Vodka), Rebel (unaged whiskey), or Jackknife Gin
• The winner and four of his/her friends will enjoy a tasting of all our spirits (including weekly infusions) with the Still Master at the Roots and Wings Distillery, located near Fort Langley in the Fraser Valley.
Go to the “Craft Spirits Giveaway” post on our Facebook page. Complete all 3 steps to qualify as one valid entry:
1) LOVE (or like) the contest post, and
2) LIKE our page – Roots and Wings Distillery (@rawstillhouse), and
3) COMMENT on the contest post by telling us your favourite type of distilled spirit or cocktail.
SUBSCRIBE to our mailing list at the bottom of this page (footer) for an extra entry in the contest draw.
• This giveaway is run by Roots and Wings Distillery.
• Contest commences Aug 8 and closes Aug 25, noon (PST), 2017.
• No purchase necessary to enter.
• Maximum one entry per person on Facebook.
• Must be 19 years of age or older to participate and a resident of Greater Vancouver or Fraser Valley, B.C., Canada.
• Odds of winning the prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the contest period.
• Each of the four winners will be selected at random from the valid entries via Facebook on Aug 25 and notified by Facebook Messenger or email within 24 hours following the draw. If a selected winner has not replied to accept the prize within 48 hours of the notification then he/she will be disqualified and another winner may be selected. The winner must provide their full name and mailing address for our reference.
• The winner will be posted on the Roots and Wings Distillery Facebook page after confirming his/her prize.
• Each prize spirit must be picked up at the Roots and Wings Distillery, with valid identification and proof of age, at the time of the tasting and tour. The visit must be prescheduled directly with the distillery.
• Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash equivalent.
•By entering the Contest and/or accepting a prize, the entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Roots and Wings Distillery from any liability whatsoever and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including without limitation claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
*This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering, entrants confirm they are 19+ years of age, release Facebook of responsibility, and agree to Facebook’s term of use. The information you provide will be used for this contest and will not be shared with any other party outside of Roots and Wings Distillery.